People die every year from accidental electrocution when using portable
tools. Safety switches are a must for trades' people and do-it-yourselfers. They provide
protection from electrocution from active-to-earth faults especially where
cutting and drilling tools are used.
When you or an employee accidentally get connected to the mains for
any reason you need to be assured that your safety switch is going to do its
If you use a Portable Safety switch, you need to do a 'Push-Button Test'
every time you use it to verify that it will at least trip. We recently came
across a portable HPM Safety Switch on a construction site. It had been dropped
and sustained some minor case damage. The switch mechanism was also
damaged and now the safety switch was faulty. The users never did the
'Push Button Test' and never realised the device was now an unprotected
power-board putting them at risk of electrocution.
We perform RCD testing for your peace of mind.
- You stay safe because regular testing detects faulty
- Minimize risk of non-compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations by routinely
measuring the operate time and the switch's ability to save a life.
Power surges do damage electronic equipment and switch contacts can
become welded on.
- Identify causes and sources of nuisance tripping.
We use the top of range Australian Standard
compliant RCD or Safety Switch Tester. This equipment can give you an
edge in safety and peace of mind. Many electricians cannot even do trip time
measurements because they are not prepared to make the investment in your
- Fully Compliant Safety Switch Testing
- That's right, we have recently purchased the latest Australian Standard
compliant RCD or Safety Switch Tester. It is the Metrel MI 2121-AUS and it
verifies that RCD's operate within all of the requirements
of AS/NZ 3760 and AS/NZ 3190 standards. This is the tester
selected by the Australian Defence Forces.
- Advanced Fault Finding Capability
- As well as measuring trip times we can actually measure the
switch tripping current and help you identify the cause of false tripping. Many electricians cannot even do trip time
measurements as they are not prepared to make the investment in your
- Portable Safety Switch Testing
- We can even test your portable safety switches and protected power
boards to ensure that they are still compliant.
- Power Point Safety Testing
- Our equipment can also check the wiring of your power points and the earth
connection. So if you have a query about power point safety we can
test them for you. We can then put you in touch with a recommended and
Registered Electrical Contractor to replace any faulty power points
and switches for you.
- Test Certificates
- As an added service we can provide you with test certificates for
your individual safety switches.